General Cat & Dog Surgery
Levan Road Veterinary Hospital is proud to offer the most advanced surgical techniques and technology involving both soft tissue and orthopedic cat & dog surgery.
Our surgical services include:
- Fully licensed veterinary technicians attending to each surgical procedure
- Advanced monitoring including oxygen saturation, temperature, and blood pressure
- Trained anesthetic assistants devoted exclusively to your pet for the entire procedure, from induction to recovery. This is for anesthetic safety as well as monitoring and controlling pain to ensure your pet is as comfortable as possible
- Comprehensive blood testing, both diagnostic and monitoring
- State-of-the-art surgical laser
- Post-op/ pain laser therapy
- Strict adherence to AAHA's surgical, anesthesia, and pain management standards to give you confidence that your pet is receiving the best care while they are out of your presence
Call us today at (734) 464-6281 for your next surgery consultation visit.
Our doctors regularly perform soft tissue and orthopedic* surgeries, including:
- Cranial cruciate ligament repair
- Major dental/oral surgery
- Routine dental extractions
- Mass removal
- Cherry eye
- Bladder stone removal
- Feline declaws (laser only)
- Patellar luxation repair
- Enterotomy or gastrotomy
- Ear hematomas
- Wound debridement and repair
- Spay and neuter
- Anal gland removal
*We also call in or refer to board-certified surgeons when indicated.
Decreasing Risks, Increasing Comfort
A safe surgical procedure protocol for your pet involves several steps:
- Doing an exam and blood work to check their health and customize their anesthesia and pain control
- Providing IV fluid therapy and monitoring all major vitals during your pet’s surgery to support organ function
- Using warm circulating water blankets to maintain a healthy body temperature
- Administering pain relief as needed during surgery
- Performing post-operative laser therapy to decrease pain and swelling and increase healing
- Providing clear and concise post-op instructions to help you care for your pet while they’re recovering at home
Planning Your Pet’s Surgery
If you need to plan a surgery date for your pet, call (734) 464-6281 to schedule the procedure or request a meeting with your veterinarian. Don’t be afraid to ask us any questions that come to mind about our safety protocols, laser surgery, and other topics. Our main concern is helping you make the best decisions for your pet’s care!
We have been bringing our pets here since the 1970's and would never think of going anywhere else. The staff is so compassionate and caring for both the animals and their families.
Wonderful staff! Excellent service all the way around! Most of all our Murray loves going there! Highly recommended!
Levan Road Veterinary Hospital has the area's best vets and staff around (the Livonia area). I would highly recommend this practice to my friends and anyone else who needs a caring staff for their beloved pets
Dr. Fleming and the staff are SO Wonderful. Such caring and compassionate. We had to put our beloved fur-baby to sleep and they stayed open late so our family could come say good-bye.
I have been taking my dogs to Levan Vet for 19 years now. The staff is very caring and friendly. It is obvious how much they care about the animals they are treating.